Saturday, December 31, 2022

Goodbye, 2022!

 Can't believe 2022 will be over in just a few hours!  Seems like just last week I had to keep reminding myself to write 2022, not 2021.

It's been a very good year.    And the not so good parts of the year have pretty much faded into the background.  As it should be.

However, sometimes I had to remind myself of Robert Frost's observation "you just have to go through it to get to the end" when I was facing an unpleasant task. And before I knew it, I HAD reached the end of that arduous assignment.  The rest of the time, life was pretty smooth sailing.  And good....

Probably  the best summation of the year for me is from the signboard of one of the local churches in my small town.

IF YOU NEED SOMETHING, ASK GOD.

IF YOU DON'T,  THANK HIM.

Good advice for all.  You'll never go wrong. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment