Sunday, December 4, 2022

CHRIST...MAS

 



I was listening to Music and the Spoken Word when I was getting ready for Church this morning.  It was their broadcast for Sunday, November 27, 2022.  The choir was beautiful, the images evocative of familiar Christmas celebrations, and the message was uplifting.

In his text, LLoyd Newell proposed that sometimes in the anticipation of this wonderful holiday, we might lose sight of the one focus we should have in December on our journey to Christmas Day.   That focus should always be the reason we celebrate Christmas in the first place--Jesus Christ's birth.  

Brother Newell said that in Spanish, the word "mas" means "more".  He suggested that even though Christmas is NOT a Spanish word, we might translate that thought of "more" into an action, a conscious effort to put more of Christ into our celebration of this glorious season.

I think that is a great idea!  And I decided to ponder that "Christ...mas" counsel in my own personal countdown to December 25th.  There will be no display this year of all those treasured Nativity sets that I have to help me set a Christ-centered tone, but I can make a conscious effort to be sure Christ is still the most important reason for this season.

So, Merry Christ...mas!


No comments:

Post a Comment