Sunday, August 28, 2016

MORE MONEY. MORE LEGAL FLIGHT TIME. MORE BEING AVAILABLE. MORE THAN DISAPPOINTING....

The results of the union Association of Flight Attendants contract vote revealed that it was close--53% for and 47% against.

I had spent the last few months before the vote opened polling my fellow workers as to how they would like ME to vote for them because I had already planned to be outta there by the end of next May.  The responses were sharply divided.  So, I voted "YES".  Figured the sooner the better.  Whether the outcome was favorable or not, it would be better to HAVE an outcome than have to go back to negotiations because it was a "NO" vote.  That would have taken years longer, if the last five years are any indication.

So, beginning the first of October, we get more money per hour.  However, there was no signing bonus and no buy-out offered.  There are, on the negative side however, less days off for Reserve, full opportunity for the Company to  call a Reserve on days off (not like now being "untouchable" for 12 days off every month), longer flight time days, shorter layovers, but incentives if you want to fly more than 100 hours a month.

Until I got Shingles, I typically flew 130-135 hours a month.  Then my doctor said no more than 100.  I flew another year at 105-115, then last year decided to cut down to 90 hours.  That brings me about the same amount per paycheck every single month--Reserve or Line holder.  I was getting used to that.  Now things are in flux again. 

Plus, I am still in the bottom third of the flight attendants in Denver and still in the bottom third of flight attendants company-wide.  It looks like I will be straight Reserve like I used to be for the first five years of my time at United.  That doesn't look appealing AT ALL!

My "now" plan is....wait until the dust settles.  Perhaps  they will offer a buy-out after the two flight attendant groups are finally integrated.  If not, I found out I can walk in the door to my supervisor's office and say, "I want to retire!" and I can be "Retired" by the next day.

Burgandy sent me this....I feel like it was written just for me.

I keep hearing
people talk about
what they're going
to do when they
RETIRE.

Me?
I'm gonna have
to work right
up to lunch on
the day of my
FUNERAL!

My target date?  May 31, 2017.  I want to get out of school for a summer
vacation at my OWN home!

STAY TUNED.....

No comments:

Post a Comment