Tuesday, July 5, 2022

TALKING A LITTLE ABOUT THE WEATHER....

When Jeremy was a small boy and I would suggest maybe he might like to go out and play on a beautiful summer day, he would say, "It's too hot outside."  And, on a cooler day when I made the same suggestion, he would usually say, "It's too cold outside."  One day in frustration, I asked him just what kind of day he would like.  

"Medium.   I just want it to be medium."  

And that is exactly how I feel!  I would just like a nice 85 degree day in the summer with pleasant sun, no wind, and beautiful blue sky.  

But the bad thing about weather in the Rocky Mountain West is that it is constantly changing.  What is forecast in the morning--for example a lovely day, not too hot and not too cold--can be totally different by noon.  Sometimes I find the forecast has changed to something entirely opposite: windy with possible thundershowers and only partial sun.   There is always something about the weather that isn't stable.  And it can't be depended on for any length of time.

However, I recently saw a weather forecast that never changes.  It was on the marquee of one of the local churches in the area.  

WEATHER FORECAST

GOD REIGNS

JESUS CHRIST ALWAYS SHINES

Now THAT's the kind of forecast I like!

And how about this weather forecast that gives others around us something they can depend on.

THE BEST TEMPERATURE YEAR 'ROUND 

  IS A WARM HEART AND A COOL HEAD!


No wonder researchers say that "weather" is the number one topic of conversation!  There's always a little something to talk about....




No comments:

Post a Comment