Saturday, March 3, 2018

RETIREMENT REVISITED...

I know.  I know.  I said I was going to retire for sure on June 1, 2018.  I even got brave enough to submit the papers on November 30th last year for the 6 month requirement.

But....it was never meant to be.

I have always said that I would be working until the day I die because I stayed home for 20 years with my kids.  And, that I would never resent that fact because I could never trade that time with anything for being there for the first steps, the cute antics, and the relationship as their mother being at home every single day.  It was a lot of work.  Hard work some days, but totally worth every second that I got to spend with them.

So, August 7, 2020, will be my 20 year anniversary with United.  That doesn't sound too bad now that it is only 2.5 years away.  That's about three pregnancies worth of time.  I can do that....I think.  The preview of the new combined seniority list came out yesterday.  I am 815 out of 1350 flight attendants in Denver.

I have no idea where that will put me when the big merge day comes in October of this year.  Hopefully, I won't be on Reserve every other month because that is what makes this job kind of challenging at times--no control over when, where, and how long.  On the other hand, also not sure of what the combined work rules are going to be and what life will be like working on different kinds of planes with people "from the dark side".  HAHAHA!

Okay. Okay.  I come from pioneer stock.  We'll see what my mettle can rise to in the coming months.  Will I be able to call up the stamina and endurance my forebears exhibited on the trek West?  I hope so!

That's why retirement is just "revisited" at this point.

Stay tuned for further developments.....

No comments:

Post a Comment