Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A HALF DOZEN DOZEN EQUALS SEVENTY-TWO....


“STARRY,  STARRY,  SILENT NIGHT”

 CHRISTMAS NATIVITY FESTIVAL

Presented by Georgia Nichols


Saturday, December 2, 2017.  My 72nd birthday.  When I got up Louis put his arms around me and wished me a happy birthday and told me he hoped I would have a good day.

I assured him I knew I would.  I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday than the way the day had been planned...hosting an open house for my friends and neighbors, so they could see my beautiful Nativity collection.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

What a sweet  spirit of Christmas all those Nativities bring to our home.  They are a testimony to me of the reality of that one, wonderful night that Christ was born to be our Savior and Redeemer.

I had worked most of the last two weeks arranging and re-arranging all over the house most--but not all--of my extensive collection of plain, fancy, inexpensive, pricey, and "thrift store finds" nativities.  I had gone to bed the night before at 1 am satisfied that my guests would feel that same sweet spirit I could feel as I lovingly placed each Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, Shepherd, Wise Man, Sheep, Donkey, Camel, Cow, Horse, and even the Angels (some with wings intact) into and out of stables, mangers, or sitting on attractive cloths.  Yes, it had been a labor of love and anticipation.  And worth every minute I had spent determining the best way to showcase these treasures.


“STARRY,  STARRY,  SILENT NIGHT”
                                                                            lasted all day, and it was a wonderful birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment