Wednesday, September 28, 2016

ANOTHER CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH....

Went to see Dr. Kenisberg for my annual check up last week.  It's becoming tiresome to hear I am in "EXCELLENT HEALTH".  I would like to hear, "You should be taking it easy at your age!"

I don't FEEL like I am in excellent health.  I am tired.  I am lazy.  I don't want to do anything.  I will make the slightest excuse not to do the items on my "to-do" list.  I will dawdle in bed instead of jumping out and getting a start on the day.  I skip doing my exercises sometimes, and I don't always walk at least 10,000 steps (My new pedometer only registers the length of stride that was put into the little machine, so the housework and the yard work and walking through stores and parking waaaaay out at the end of parking lots to get more steps, and the movement at Curves don't count any  more.)  There is very little that motivates me anymore.

STILL....I am Dr. Kenisberg's healthiest OLD patient.  There is one other woman kind of close, he said, but she takes a prescription medication. So, I win!  But for what?  Somedays I would just like to sit and do nothing, not be expected to do anything, and just loaf.  Guess that isn't what life is all about.  It's about accomplishing, doing, performing, excelling.  I can tell you, all that's not what it's cracked up to be.  Been there. Done that.  I am tired.

However, numbers don't lie.  Supposedly neither do test results.  So here you have it.


Height--5 ft. 3 1/2 in...at least I haven't shrunk more than that initial half inch
Weight--139  (I HATE that.... 10+ pounds in 16 years.  Not good.  No not good at all!)
Blood pressure--120/73  not bad for an old woman
Colonoscopy--normal
Mammogram--normal
Hearing--sub par but I can still function without hearing aids, though they CAN help sometimes
Vision--still no glaucoma, glasses prescription hasn't changed for two years, no sign  of cataracts
EKG--normal with all the peaks and valleys just perfectly aligned
Kidneys, liver, diabetes--normal tests
Cholesterol--the doctor said all normal.  Not going to complain because the good stuff is off the charts.  Better by far than in May 2015 shown  in ( )  Guess that daily fish oil helps.
        OVERALL  197 (220)  should be under 200 
        LDL  114 (149)  should be under 100
        HDL  131 ( 135)  should be under 130

Had a flu shot and the second in a double round of Pneumonia vaccine.  All set with Typhoid, Diptheria, Tetanus, etc.  No sense getting the Shingles vaccine now that I already have had Shingles, since it is the one thing for which I can legally stay home from work.

So, I guess I am doomed to another year of good health and fitness. How uncool is that?
Just once I would like a reason for the lethargy I feel. 

Please don't tell me it's just me laying down on the job .....

Just kidding!  I know the real reason for my good health.  And I have shared it before.
It is compensation from a loving Heavenly Father for a couple of really crappy things that have happened to me in my life. 

I count my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment