Friday, November 17, 2023

Aphorism Gems

 A Friday afternoon discovery....

My side of the big roll-top desk in our home office where the computer resides gets kind of sloppy sometimes.  Okay...most of the time. 

I'll be working on some project, or I receive a piece of mail, or have a document I want to check over again, so I just set it aside with the idea I will get to it when I have more time.  More often than not, the stuff that isn't a bill or eminently important to take care of right that minute gets dumped on--literally--as I continue to pile one item on top of another. 

Today was one of those days it was necessary to dig into that pile trying to find something I set aside a few weeks ago.  Not only did I find the item I was looking for, but I also found a lot of other items (some from a LONG time ago) like emails I printed so they could be saved and reread and insights from reading or studying from online sources. 

I have spent the last hour perusing and reviewing and enjoying many of them all over again.  Not all of those items have a logical place to be filed except into a big folder that is labeled: "Quotes".  But then they get lost there, too, because I am no longer in the business of writing and needing material to support some of my thoughts on a regular basis like I used to be.  Consequently, they are apt to be "lost" again for a while.

A few years ago, I wrote a blog about my being an aphorism addict.  THAT hasn't changed any.  I still am.  So, today I am taking the opportunity to share a couple of those aphorisms that were on my no-longer- sloppy-side of the desk.  I straightened up that pile while I was enjoying a few minutes of catchy phrases and bits and pieces of electronic correspondence I also saved.

This one is from Elia Gourgouris, PhD, a trusted friend and counselor who now spends his time helping people find happiness in the everyday of their lives.  He calls it "mindset coaching".  His motto is, "Every single day matters!"  How true!





And this next one was written on a pad of paper with no other notation.  
I like the wisdom of it, too.   Applicable in so much of life!

A  TEAM  is not a group of people who work together.

A  TEAM  is a group of people who trust each other.


I hope you will delight in these little gems as much as I enjoyed discovering them once again in that sloppy pile on my desk.  It was...

TIME WELL SPENT!







No comments:

Post a Comment