Friday, June 25, 2021

A HAPPY DISCOVERY....

 Back in April I wrote that the tiny little succulent plants--the mini $2.00 treasures I like so much--never arrived at WalMart this year.  I missed them.  Especially after I put the two cacti dish gardens I brought in for the winter back outside the middle of May when it had finally warmed up.  Unfortunately that must have been too early for plants because it turned out the temps were still too cold at night.  Most of the cacti just folded up and died within the space of a couple of days.  BOO HOO!  When I tried to find replacements--there were none.  Not at any WalMart stores around me.  Not even Home Depot had the bigger 2.5 inch cactus plants.

Then when I was shopping for some bedding plants a couple of weeks ago, there was a brand new rack of those tiny treasures!  There were only three or four varieties this year, but enough for me to supplement  the few cacti that survived those cold May nights with a little dash of new ones here and there in the dish garden.  The label on each container is different, so it looks like perhaps these plants were supplied by an alternate grower.  I don't care.  That they arrived at all made me soooo happy!

And, true to the way I over-compensate, I have purchased at least one or two every time I have gone to ANY WalMart since I first saw them as all the WalMart stores have them!  And they are going fast.  Thanks to me, I'm sure.  HAHAHA!

But I am happy once again to see the dish gardens filled-in and thriving.


ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT....

No comments:

Post a Comment