Wednesday, May 22, 2024

I HAD AN ITCH!

 



Not sure what happened...but a few days ago I began to feel an itch on my upper chest.  And it was intense!  A mosquito bite?  Not the season for mosquitos yet, but something must have bitten me.  There was definitely a red bump, then lump, about the size of a dime, and it came with a fierce itch!  Then I noticed a similar red bump on my ankle with the same reaction.  Louis suggested it might be spider bites.  But I haven't been walking outside or working in the yard lately.  Stuck in the house at the computer completing some assignments I have.  Was there a spider in the house? Could I have been bitten while I was in bed asleep? Not a clue....

However, both the injured spots had the same irritating itch.  And it was constant.  I kept telling myself NOT to scratch those pesky red spots, but I couldn't seem to keep from sawing away at them.  And that liquid After Bite stick didn't do a thing when I rolled it over the affected areas.  Still bugged me day and night. So, I got out the serious itch relief--cortisone cream.

One night I woke up just crazy with that stupid itch.  So, I got out of bed, padded to the bathroom in the dark and went straight to the cabinet under the sink where I grabbed the tube of cortisone cream.  Didn't need a light because I knew exactly where the affected areas were. So, I applied a generous amount to each spot and rubbed it in.  Ahh! That cooling cream felt pretty good.  Then I padded back to bed.

No relief though!  I tossed and turned trying not to scratch that pesky itch.  Finally, I was able to fall back to sleep in spite of being so distracted with the irritating discomfort. 

The next morning when I went into the bathroom to get ready for the day, I saw a tube of hair gel sitting on the counter and wondered what in the world it was doing there.  I hadn't used it the day before.  Besides, I always put all my cosmetics and hair products away after I use them.  I had only left the tube of cortisone cream on the counter after I had used it during the night.

LIGHT BULB! 

Oh, no wonder there was no mitigation for the itch!  When I reached under the sink for the tube of cortisone cream, I accidentally grabbed the tube of hair gel which was in close proximity.  What a surprise it didn't do anything to alleviate my discomfort during the night...because the cortisone cream was still under the bathroom sink!  I used the wrong "remedy".

Oh, well.  Episode over.  Lesson learned.  BUT...

I STILL HAVE AN ITCH!



No comments:

Post a Comment