Saturday, February 27, 2021

WRITER'S BLOCK...OR JUST NOTHING TO SAY?

When I began this blog adventure a few years ago, I was excited to share my thoughts, feelings, experiences, and observances.  I set a goal for myself to write at least two blog entries a month.  I was pretty faithful to that ambition, except for a couple of months when my work schedule was really hectic with little time to sit at the computer.  

I have recently noticed that no one reads my blog entries any more.  Even one or two hits from my family was enough to satisfy my communication via this avenue.  But it has been discouraging as I have gone back and reread some of the the essays I wrote and see no one is interested in reading them.  I'm not sure why many other people have such a following (I never set my sights on THAT kind of blog experince).  I simply wanted to be in touch with a few readers who enjoyed hearing some little tidbits about a person out of their everyday circle who is just a "regular Jane", no special celebrity--or anyone for that matter--who has an "agenda" she is pushing.

Now I find that my excitement to sit down and write something has waned.

Then again, perhaps my life has dried up since I have retired and there is NO interesting thing happening in my little corner of the world.  I no longer sit at the computer and compose--except for Seminary for which I spend hours and hours every week....studying, preparing, and presenting religious education lessons at 6 am on school days to the high school students in our congregation. 

So, I am asking myself:  "Do you have writer's block--or is there just really nothing to say?"

I guess time will tell....


No comments:

Post a Comment