Friday, March 15, 2019

MINISTERED TO...

love note

The other day we had a lovely woman with a charming accent on our flight from Richmond to Chicago--and surprisingly she was also on the ensuing flight from Chicago to Palm Springs.  At the end of the second flight, she came to the back of the plane and handed me a folded paper and said it was for me.
I waited until everyone deplaned, and then I read the note.  This is what it said.
"Excuse the piece of paper 😊.  Sometimes when I see people Father God shows me how He feels about them.  I had such an overwhelming sense of how valuable  you are to Him, how much He loves you, and how much He wanted  you to know He sees you &  has not forgotten  you.  Through all the hardships and valleys you have found yourself in, that He will never leave you.  You show kindness and care to those around you and He loves watching you and wants you to know how proud He is of you.  💕

Thank you for serving us the way you did.  I pray you experience the kindness Jesus wants you to, and know that He can heal your heart.

Much love,
A sister in Christ
   É€ 

                XXX"
I was awed!  Dumbstruck that someone would take the time to write ME a note.  Then I figured she had probably written a note to the other flight attendant working in the back with me, as well.  It couldn't be just me she singled out.  As we were preparing for the next flight,  I discretely asked Tracy if the woman had come back and visited with her.  Tracy said no.  

It was an amazing thing that someone would minister to me in such a way.  But mostly, I was humbled.  It brought me to tears.  Who was I that someone would single me out for something I didn't even know that I did?


And when I got home at the end of that day, before I did anything else, I fell to my knees in gratitude because I DO know the Lord is mindful of me and that this woman took the time to minister to a stranger to remind me that Heavenly Father does watch over me...always.
Later I checked out the passenger manifest and found that this woman's name is Nicole Kuhl.  I have no other information about her. Don't know where she is from or what she does in life.  Probably never will.  But I left it to the Lord to let her know of my great  thanksgiving for her service to me that day.  It wasn't even a bad day or a day that my heart was heavy for whatever reason.  It was just an ordinary day transformed by someone's watch- care into something extraordinary.  What a lesson for me in HOW to minister!
I have had some remarkable encounters of a spiritual nature on a few other occasions during my 19 years as a flight attendant, so I added this one to those cherished events in my United experience and remind myself that I would not have had any of them IF I had stayed at a desk in corporate America. 

Who knew what awaited me in the Friendly Skies..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment