Sunday, February 17, 2019

LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY!

We were in Utah last week so I could celebrate Savannah's upcoming wedding at a bridal shower for her on the 16th of February.

The night previous we arranged to meet Jordan and his family for supper at Olive Garden restaurant at the Valley Fair Mall after Jordan got off work at his barbershop at 7 pm.

We had some time to kill before we were scheduled to meet, so I asked Louis if he would drive out to Tooele, Utah, where my grandmother Huggins spent her girlhood.  Her father had been sent to that area of Utah to colonize it after they arrived in the Salt Lake Valley.

Louis agreed.  It was a short drive west from Magna where Jordan lives out to Grantsville, Stansbury, and Tooele.  I hadn't been there since I was a waaaaay little girl, so I couldn't have begun to tell anyone how it had changed.  But, there seems to be a prosperous bedroom community for people who need less expensive real estate--just like our own little town of Johnstown.   I enjoyed the little excursion.

On the way back to West Valley city, I saw a billboard that made me laugh right out loud.  Don't even know what the billboard was supposed to be advertising, but it said in big letters on a perfectly plain background:

"BEST CHANGE SINCE TWO-HOUR CHURCH"

Hahaha!  Couldn't help but laugh at such an "inside" joke!  I'm pretty sure it would have people in Colorado scratching their heads, but in Utah it was a great attention-getter!

Made my day....

No comments:

Post a Comment